Sign in to follow this  
GrySql

MPG's or MPH's

I drove that road a few years back in my F150 when I went to Chino. For some reason I had a hard time staying at 80, I kept slowing down, that gas gauge drops fast at 80 MPH in a pickup. Call me the odd ball but I drive the speed limit except on the toll way here where it is 55 I do 65, but where its 65 I do 65, 70 I do 70, but rarely do I go faster than that.

I coined a new word last night on our way home. The split on 14 by 120 in woodstock there is always some schmo getting in the left lane to go around everyone, then slow down when the lanes merge back. I am doing 63 all the way down 14, and this idiot in an infinity gets in my blind spot, then sits there almost to the merge then gooses past me only to speed up and slow down, affecting my CHI.

Infidiot = Idiot in an Infinity

I wound up passing her later on.

Yeah I know I say I usually do the speed limit, I do know if I do 63 in the 55 on these rural roads I wont get pulled over, and I was sort of in a hurry to get the kids on time.

It's the turbulent weather and WIND that messes up the mpg's. We just had a storm go through and the wind when we started was causing dust and sand problems in the deserts, and lots of gusts. That makes for unpredictable mpg's and a driver can't adjust to that, just plow on.

And the only down side to this is the tiny gas tank on our cars. At least on the 2010 it held a good amount of fuel. Some stretches of these highways out west dont have gas stops for long, I mean VERY long distances.