Mehcoib

Rust treatment? Indoor or outdoor during winter? Easy oil change?

all of this does make sense. But how do you prevent rust from appearing here? (Not my car!) This occurs very often.

Where that happened is extremely difficult to reach to put any kind of rut prevention. Keeping it clean is the only way to really prevent it. Usually road grime builds up inside the wheel well and thats what starts the rust, once it starts, its very hard to stop.

EDIT further looking, thats a Crown Vic, I had a 1992 that had the exact same rust start up on me. I looked to see what I could do to stop it, but there was no way to get inside that area.

Edited by acdii

you're right, I don't know. Maybe I could start a poll on this topic (do/did you any kind of rust protection on your FFH?), especially for those who live in Canada and northern part of USA. Is there such a feature in this forum? I'm very new here.

We have a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis. It has seen a lot of road salt, and sat outside a couple years, and has very little rust. The rust it did have I removed and repaired. The most rust found was the outer rockers where the drains plugged up. It will be 20 years old soon, and still looks good, just some light surface rust underneath. I sprayed it all with rust conversion, and then covered it with engine paint.