Sign in to follow this  
toywaltz

Rural and Highway Driving

The hybrid shines on rolling hills because of regen, but your statement of 65mph has me thinking that 40 will be the upper limit you'll see in good weather. I'd predict 37-38 conservatively for year round driving. If you drove 55 or even 60, then it would be a different story, but my experience is that as soon as I go above 60, my mileage drops below 40.

This is being conservative too. The faster you push the FFH the lower the MPG will be. 65 MPH is about the limit to where you can expect anything over 40 MPG, Go above that and it quickly drops to the mid 30's. My daily drive consists of rural 55 MPH roads, hilly for a good stretch, with a few stops and turns and acceleration back up to 55. Mixed in is some city traffic of 35-40 MPH with a few stop lights, and for the most part I keep it at or under 60 and depending on weather, get anywhere from 38 to 47 MPG. On the Interstate, loaded down at 65 MPH it got 43 MPG, at 80 MPH it got 35 MPG. Others have seen similar results.