jsolan

Brake Score Calculation

It calculates based on speed. Since a car moving at a set speed weighing a set weight takes a set amount of energy to slow down, it uses those parameters to calculate how much energy has been captured. Since the car doesnt know how many people are in it, it just uses the empty curb weight, so you could gain more potential energy with more people in the car, so the 100% brake score can come up before you even come to a stop. I have seen that happen several times, 100% score while still traveling 10 MPH.

One thing that skews the score is if at anytime the service bakes are applied, even briefly. When done right the service brakes apply under 5 MPH to stop the car completely.

The brake score will appear once you are going slowly enough that regen is no longer active. I don't think that it has anything to do with the weight of the car.

I have weighted down the car a few times and have seen the brake score show up long before stopping while still going 10 MPH, while normal driving with just me, or with the wife I rarely ever see it pop up before stopping. . Thats what I based my theory on.