Sign in to follow this  
Ford Super News Ticker

New 2015 Ford F-Series Super Duty Will Deliver Best-in-Class Horsepower, Torque and Towing Capacity

Just read the part of how they improved the design of the Powerstroke by flipping the intake and exhaust ports. Great idea. Move the intake to the outside of the heads where its cooler, and concentrate the exhaust in the middle of the engine, put the turbo right up top and exhaust it out the back. Cooler intake air, better combustion, better performance. Good job!

Code name "Scorpion" during engine design. Quite fitting.

Although I have heard that they've tucked everything in there so tightly that they have to remove the body from the chassis to do engine work. Not sure how true that is.

It has been that way since 2003 on the superduties. I remember going to the service department one time to get an oil change and one of the F250 crew cabs was on the lift. The cab was with the fenders still attached, the rest of the truck was on the ground. They were replacing a head gasket. They can separate the chassis from cab rather quickly.

I myself am a Network Engineer, and sometimes I run across network designs that are so complex, you are better off, just replacing the hardware and starting from scratch. This is what happens when you have people who think they know what they are doing, and mix equipment from different vendors that work different from other vendors and the end result is a kludge. I am currently working on a redesign of just such a Kludge! Of course others who dont work on networking and try to move things find out the hard way to listen to what I have to say. Happened yesterday, they wanted to move a server system to another colo, I said sure, and moved the network. They forgot all about the firewall that cant be moved. OOPS. Guess it didnt work after all. :)

Sometimes all it takes is some common sense injected into the design for future development.

Also known as job security. Haha

For me, yes, not for the person who designed it! LOL