scn101

Side View Mirrors with Convex Glass vs. Blind Spot System

I use my mirrors a lot for backing and everything, I pretty much ignore the center mirror(goes back to my trucking days), and found those blind spot mirrors to be distracting and even in the way when trying to back up. So when test driving, try backing up and see if they cause problems like they did for me.

Acdii, if you have the side mirrors set to give you the view that the center mirror gives you, it's no wonder you need BLIS.

HA HA

Actually, setup correctly you don't need the convex mirrors either. If you set the mirrors so that to see the rear of the car you have to move your head close to the glass for the left, and towards the center for the right, then you wont have blind spots. To see directly behind, just tilt your head one way or the other. I can see in the next lane on either side just fine this way. What I like about BLIS is that a quick glance tells me if there is a car or not and I dont have to focus on the mirror to see it, I can even see it from my peripherals. I also tend to like a full mirror for backing out of places, and I seldom use the camera except when getting close to objects, or pulling out of a parking lot space when Bubba parks his big ol SUV next to me.

Why is it, there can be 20 empty spaces, and I am parked far away from the doors, some bubba has to park their big ugly SUV next to me?