Osofast

Wife's Birthday Ruined Thx Ford..Updated

Sorry to hear this happened. I took care of the duplicate. Keep us updated to the cause.

I have owned Mazdas since 2003 and never once did either of them quit on me never mind having to go into the shop 5 or 6 times in the first year of ownership. The ford currently has 6236 miles on it, there should be no issues.

Sorry to hear about your issues, and yeah that sure leaves a bad taste in one's mouth. We're on the other side of the coin, where back in 2004 we replaced the transmission on her Mazda 626 for the second time with only 65k miles on the car and that was enough for us, so we went to Ford and have not had any real issues in oiver 300k miles among the Fords that we've had since that time.

Only 300K? Shoot I put that many miles on a 1979 LTD wagon itself. I wouldnt be surprised if i added up all the miles I put on Fords in my years of driving that it comes close to 1,000,000 miles. There is 600K just between the 1979 LTD, Grand marquis and F350. I have put at least another 120K on the two Crown vics I had.

In all those miles I have had a few instances of being stranded, but turned out to be nothing too serious, two times was a bad fuel pump. Since 2010 only one car(except she who shall be forever known as BD) had a check engine light come on while driving, and that was my first FFH, but it still kept running. None since 2010 have left me stranded though, so I am surprised that yours did.

Do Toyotas have similar issues? I have not gone there and won't because I made the commitment to go with the Fusion. No I have driven one yet, and I did not I didn't even test drive a regular Fusion. Was that a wise move - time will tell.

I had my Prius between 2005-2009 and was on priusonline.com on a regular basis, I think they still had the edge of threads and posts about 12V batteries going dead unexpectedly, I don't know why they use such wimpy 12V batteries in hybrids but smart engineers know best... right?

Anyway, from the above post glad that Osofast is back in business again!

The rear defrost may be set to off for remote start. If it works when the car is in normal operation, then that is most likely the problem.