bsondhi

Is EV+ useful for you? Battery Charging? Two Question>

Maybe terrain is also an issue here, as I found it a perfect fit with the hybrid, as I live at the top of a hill that goes about 3/4 mile -- so on the way home it would allow the HVB to get used more than it would otherwise, and then the next morning I'd go in 'sneak-out mode' and would drag the brake pedal enough to regen back downhill for 3/4 mile before the ICE ever came on.

I also had some occasions where I'd leave the car in the garage in the evening with very low SOC in the HVB, and come out the next time and find it above halfway SOC - which made we wonder how the gremlins did it and never did figure it out. I mentioned this months ago in a thread here somewhere, would think that some others had seen it happen to their cars too, did not happen very often but every once in a while.

What?! You haven't figured out what EV+ is for yet? It's so you can sneak in at night and not wake the Missus after a long night at the bar! :)

Since I use the remote start in the cold, I always have a full battery, so doesn't matter at what SOC the HVB is when I get home .