ptek

Another new HyTi owner checking in

It is 6* at the north pole, heatwave compared to what we are getting! Enjoy the car!

The block heater takes about 3 hours to warm up the coolant to max temp, per Ford. It's a nice freebie for those of us in the frozen north of MN.

boo hisss I didnt get one, and it is just as cold here!

One mildly alarming thing - I had a yellow wrench "Powertrain Fault" light when I turned the car on. I cycled it off and on again, but still had the light. It drove normally and I didn't notice anything unusual on my drive to work. Leaving from work, the engine was cold and the yellow wrench light was out. I noticed in post #7 of the other thread linked by hybridbear, larryh mentioned the CEL light came on. I wonder if he meant the yellow wrench light? I'll ask the dealer about it.

When you saw that light come on, did you run a VHR while it was on?

Thanks for the wrench light info, hybridbear! It's a little freaky to see a fault light on a 300 mile car, but it sounds like it isn't anything serious.

jeff_h, I didn't run a VHR. I don't have a cell phone and my understanding is that I can't do a VHR without one.

Pete

Oh the Hugemanity, How can you survive without a CELL PHONE!!!! It can't be possible!! OMG!!! :) /sarcasm

At least the CEL on yours happens to be a software glitch with the block heater. Wild guess is the sensors are seeing a discrepancy between temps that it shouldn't because of the warm coolant in the block and not anywhere else, and is just something that didn't get programmed correctly. Better than having 4 spark plugs foul at 4500 miles and setting a hard CEL and the car sputtering while trying to accelerate.