tr7driver

Stupid Question Alert!! I did it.

I traded the 2010 Merc Milan HY for a 2014 Ti Hi, fully loaded with all the toys last night. I though I had most of this stuff figured out, but I expect I'll be floating a bunch of questions to you folks soon.

Congrats

Bring on the stupid questions, I always have a couple stupid answers ready to go...

I dont know if I can give stupid answers, but sarcastic ones, Yep!

Stupid Questions #1and #2:

1 I got them to thow in a mini Spare tire. How do you folks with a spares secure them?

2 Trying Eco Cruse. Turned it on. How close to you need to come to a vehicle before it kicks in? I hit the brakes before it did as I wasn't comfortable following that close.

1) I have a full size spare that's kept in the shed, since 100% of the items I've found jammed in the tires over the past 8 years were found while the car was sitting in the garage at home, so it was a suitable backup for me... though yes some others here have the compact spare, just don't remember which one(s).

2) I believe the Eco Cruise is different than Adaptive Cruise Control. Eco Cruise changes behavior slightly while on cruise to keep the ICE from going nuts to keep the set cruise speed on uphills, and takes a little more time to get back to cruise speed, giving better overall MPG when on cruise. I used it but didn't see a big difference.

Adaptive Cruise Control monitors the car in front of you and slows down your speed to match that of that car as needed, and maintains the spacing based on your setting. It is described well in the below video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpUMLsc0xxE

Edited by jeff_h

Left screen is the only one that can put useful information on, and Myview can only do two at one time. The right screen is for controlling MFT, and the leaves are useless, unless you like watching them fall off the branches.

Go to MyView, and scroll to the right for settings, on the right side of that screen scroll up/down to find the temp gauge.

Have you set the memory positions and tied them to your key? Sounds like it is tied to the key from default. Once you have everything set, press and hold the seat position you want until you hear a beep, then hold it longer until you hear it again, the first beep sets the seats and mirrors, the second sets your key. When you unlock with your fob, then the seat and mirrors will adjust to your last saved settings. Comes in handy when you have two drivers with different settings.

No, it only will link one position per fob. You would need a third to use all three.

I dont know if you noticed, but the Fob has an LED on it, it blinks green when the car starts, and red when it doesn't. It is a two way remote start, car sends a signal when it starts so you dont have to be looking at the car. I can start mine from inside the house and it is parked in a steel car port with the front facing away from the house, so if you can't start yours from inside with either Fob, I would have the car checked out, the antenna might be out of whack.