Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Windoze update woes

I have this Toshiba laptop with an internal battery pack. It has been stuck on installing update 12 of 13 for the past 2 hours, and I cant shut it down! When I press and hold the power button, it goes to sleep, and since the battery is internal, I cant unplug it. I went to shut it down to pack it for my install tonight, and it went right to installing update 12 of 13.

I hate windoze, Linux is so much more stable and secure. Right now I have a fan tray hooked to USB and a screw driver sitting on the keys to drain as much power as I can. The real bugger is, there is one screw that is a secure Torx 6, which I dont have a bit for.

:banghead: :waiting: :censored:

I tried that, held it down for a full minute, it just sleeps. I have to remember to find my driver kit with the proper bits so I can remove the cover.

I hooked fan tray to USB, and put a weight on the keyboard to keep it active and eventually it ran the battery down. Plugged the power in, booted and it started to resume where it left off, and I thought for sure it was bricked. I pulled power and thankfully it wasn't plugged in long enough to get any juice in the battery, so it killed the startup. Powered it up again and finally gave me an option to either resume or delete and start over. It is working again, yeah.