dmackdaddy

Has anyone gone from a 5 Series BMW to a Ford Fusion Energi Titanium?

There are many users at www.fordfusionenergiforum.com - don't remember if anyone has that particular model, but there is a varied assortment of previous vehicles... come on over.

When I want power, I drive my 365HP AWD Flex, but for a daily driver, the FFH works great. I put over 2 hours a day behind the wheel and not once did I ever feel it didn't have enough power, even after driving the Flex. What I love the most about driving the HyTi is when the BMW driver blows past me, and I catch up and EV past them at the next light. You just used how much gas to get to the red light? Enough that would get me across town with some to spare! LOL The Fusion is surprisingly fast for being a Hybrid, drive a Prius then the Fusion, you will then know! :)

The Flex Ecoboost is 365HP AWD, when it launches, or just accelerates at speed, it puts you back in the seat, however, I never felt that the Fusion was under powered, ever. It has enough nutz to get up and get going, and can be surprisingly quick. With a full charge I have even laid rubber with it...... OK I squeaked the tires. :)

To me it is just something I am accustomed to, having driven hybrids now since 2007, it's what is expected, and does put you into a totally different perspective when it comes to saving fuel. Once you go down the trying to eek the most out of every drop, you come to realize how wasteful racing to red lights and driving 20 over the limit actually is. In fact it has helped me get better gas mileage out of the Flex, a difference of 3 MPG, the 2010 I had I got 18 in it, the current one I get 21.

I found the difference between 65 and 70 MPH is 3 MPG in the Flex, quite a difference. I was driving home from Chicago a week ago and had the cruise set at 70(non Eco-Cruise in the Flex), and was getting roughly 20 MPG, dropped it to 65 and was getting up to 24.

In the FFH, I did some testing, with 5 people in the car, 3 adults and two children, roughly 800# when adding in the luggage, at 80 MPH the car got 35 MPG, at 65-68(Eco-Cruise set to 68, right lane with trucks was roughly 65 with ACC) the car got 43 MPG. At 70 MPH its roughly 40 MPG, anything faster than 70 and it drops quickly.

When a car cost twice as much as another car, I sure would HOPE it was better quality! :) The 750Li I something like a $73K starting price car. The FFH is a $28K starting price car. If the Fusion were made of the same high quality materials, everyone who now owns one wouldn't be owning one. Besides those looking to buy a fuel efficient Hybrid would not be looking at BMW.

Compared to the other Hybrids, the Camry, Honda, Prius, Avalon, the only one so far that has what Ford has to offer is the Avalon, and to get the same options you are at least $6K higher in the Avalon, but the Fusion is a better handling car. If you compare direct apples to apples, then only the Fusion has the best in options, since the Avalon is considered a full size sedan.