Ric

Hard reset

You should be able to do the reset by disconnecting the 12 v battery in the trunk for 5 minutes. I previously posted the following:

"If what we are doing is erasing the KAM (Keep-Alive Memory), isn't that done by just disconnecting the 12-volt battery for 5 minutes? That is how it was done on the Honda Civic Hybrid.

Found this in a 2012 Fusion/MKZ Hybrid Modifiers Guide:

"Keep-Alive Memory (KAM) Power

The electronic engine and/or transmission control modules and the HVTB BECM require low
battery voltage (12 volts) to be supplied at all times to maintain the keep-alive memory (KAM).
Keep this in mind when installing load disconnect switches or solenoids."

I'm not the expert, I left that to DrewFM, if you read the second link I believe he explains why the HVB needs to be disconnected as well.

I'm just happy that doing this procedure helped my car.

No expert here either. But I see no harm in trying the small battery disconnect first. Much simpler than the large battery.

Here is a link to the manual--specifically page 2-12:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CD0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitalallyinc.com%2Fdownloads%2F2012_FusionHybrid_MKZHybrid_Guide.pdf&ei=6R6gUsLrOoa-kQfznICoBQ&usg=AFQjCNE-q_v7EK0FW5jwrCtySVX8CUlZrA&sig2=jRfuV2_NRne2tWbwOo4RLg&bvm=bv.57155469,d.eW0

Should be. That is usually long enough for any capacitors in the system to discharge.

Sounds feasible. They all start with a baseline image, then as information is accumulated, its compared to the baseline, and new parameters based on some algorithm is performed and thats how I see the computer doing its thing.

On the nose guys. Grysql, that is how they function, which is why it takes so long for the average to creep up when it is down so low after 200 miles. Start with a clean table and drive efficiently and it will go high from the start, and if after 200 miles or so you romp it and bring it down, you will see it taking twice as long to get back up to where it was.

Wait until the summer blend is out before doing the reset, this benzine they are selling now is horrible for MPG no matter how good you drive. It will be better since it takes sevearl tanks of the summer stuff before the computers readjust everything, but if you run one tank through, then do a hard reset, then you have the better gas to train it with.