Ric

First anniversary review.

A competent dealer can turn the DRL's on. Non issue really. Finding a competent dealer, THERE is your problem. :) Agree on the trunk lids, I am only 5'8 and bang my head on it. I dont use the voice control, but the one time I did for the nav it worked ok. One thing I did though with all my Fords with Sync is trained it to my speech pattern, helps greatly with the voice commands.

MFT is a LOT better now with the 3.6 than it was with the 3.5. Have not had any glitches in either the Fusion or Flex. Still wish they would get Applink working!!!!!

* MPG is not as advertised. (We get 38.6 lifetime - honestly) - mine is more than EPA, but so many variables go into this and weather/terrain are huge factors. However plenty of EPA discussion elsewhere already.

* No daytime running lights. (unless a fleet vehicle) - like acdii said, apparently a good deal can turn these on. Personally I don't want them, but also discussion of that topic elsewhere already.

* Trunk lid does not open high enough. (bump your head) - sacrifice due to the 'bumperless' rear end? Yeah would have been good to have that designed differently somehow.

* Cruise control has to be turned on manually each time the car is started. - I can't think of a recent vehicle of mine that did default to the 'on' position, though someone above did note one. I think I did have one where there was a click-setting on the turn signal stalk, but that one was 20 years ago and I thought the modern steering wheel switches defaulted to 'off' but OK.

* Auto headlamps do not come on soon enough. - I have never used these once, too much of a control freak to let something else decide when I want to turn the lights on.` But the wife loves it and hasn't mentioned them not activating soon enough.

* Seats are spongy. (for a heavier person 200+) - this is how they are in the SE and I love them that way... wife has the Titanium and the seats are a bit stiffer, she likes that type better and I like the squishy (so thankfull it worked out). I guess they need to develop a 'sleep number bed' type seat (maybe some cars already do?), but until then preferences will always differ.

* My Ford Touch sucks. (Very complicated) - took a little time to get used to, but then I got back in my old 2010 a couple weeks ago and it seemed like there were an awful lot of buttons to take in, so I guess I got used to MFT. I was not a big MFT fan until the Sync 3.6.2 update was done and that appeared to fix some annoying little glitches, so now I would definitely get MFT again.

* Navigation voice control sucks. - works OK with mine, but then again I think my use case is probably different as I mainly input street address and go from there, so my use of voice commands is more limited and thus maybe the frustration thus also limited.

* Unless you buy the titanium version, the taillights do not flow to the trunk area. - maybe a marketing measure to get customers to pay out more money for higher-end package? Or maybe they went cheap-charlie.

* Trade-in value is low. - have not looked and this, but is N/A for me as I drive a lot of miles and that kills any resale value anyway.

I prefer the TomTom over the built in Nav, but having the built in has it's pluses, No cords in the way, no device in the window to be snatched, dont have to worry about hiding it when you stop somewhere, and when you need to go somewhere local, it is easy to just say where your going and it gives you the route.

The one thing none of the portable ones can do is have your direction to the next turn on the right screen on the dash, I am really starting to like that feature now that I have used the nav more often for work.

I've looked at a lot of other car makers GPS systems and as much as I hate to admit it, Ford has one of the best. Most of the others I have seen look like they are from 5 years ago. They are mostly 2D and look like they have a whole 8 bit color. At least the Ford NAV has a 3D view option, 3D buildings and nicely integrated (love how the volume on the radio lowers when it speaks the next direction). If Ford would just implement some better Map upgrade process it would be almost perfect. $200 for a map upgrade almost once a year is total BS. My portable garmin cost $250 and has lifetime updates (coming from Navteq, same company Ford uses) and gets 4 updates a year for free.