keithsm2

Remote Start + Warmup = better mileage???

It's deceiving, the time the ICE is running is not counted on the trip summary. The only way to know for sure is at the pump. So far the only thing I can glean from remote start is the car is nice and warm and uses EV much quicker, but it hasn't improved my MPG. In fact my last tank was scary low, but I did drive it well past 0 DTE this time and did a 3 click fill. I have a thought on the low tank fills that I will post elsewhere.

On days I dont do remote start and its cold, like it has been ~20* every morning, when I get to work, the MPG is ~44, and with remote start ~44, yet I used more fuel than normal, so my thinking, remote start does not improve gas mileage, but does make it more comfortable to get in the car when its cold out. To me thats worth the little extra fuel it uses.

Well if you think that is true, then, I wont complain about 45 MPG in the morning. :) I also found the car likes an occasional blow out. That damned light got me again this morning, the timing on it varies way too much, some days when you think its going to turn, it doesnt, and others when you are sure it will stay green it turns. got a 35 brake score, and when the light turned green said Screw it and left everyone behind. They started to catch up where it merged and I said, not today bubba's and floored it to 70. The next 6 minutes on the economy graph were near 60 MPG. Go figure, been babying it way too much. LOL

30* and 45 MPG, I aint gonna complain, Quite pleased with it, and I did use the remote start this morning, ran for at least 12 or more minutes while I let the horses out, seats were nice and warm, windows were clear, and the battery was fully charged.

It has the factory remote, unless it is built with it, you wont get the HVAC or seat heaters to work with an aftermarket.

The Ford specific remote can integrate, but aftermarkets wont be able to. Just want to clarify that, I did mention aftermarket, but didn't specify Non-Ford aftermarket.