MaineFusion

Speedometer accuracy observations

The speedo in my 1992 Crown Vic was dead accurate. It was a calibrated police speedometer, a rare car to find back then. Under cover police interceptor but with a luxury package. I got it used and it was tinted with badges in the rear window under the tint for the IL Bar and FOP.

It's my commercial driver training that causes me to think that checking the gauges, displays and mirrors on regular basis is a normal practice. I forget just how bad most drivers are.

Same here. Holding a CDL now since 1988. I dont forget how bad drivers are, I see it on a daily basis.

Just tonight, a cop tried to roll a stop sign, but I had the right of way. Would have been interesting had he pulled me over, since I came to a full stop before he reached the line on the road. :)

Another indication people aren't very bright is when they go flying along in heavy fog. I guess they think that massive pileups in fog only happen in movies. It gets foggy my me quite often and it amazes me that morons still drive over the speed limit when you cant see more than a quarter mile if there are lights on, if there arent any tail lights on, you wont see them in time until you hit them. I get passed by these idiots all the time since I back down at least 10 MPH when its like this.

There was one time this one idiot was following me too close, I swerved to avoid a dead animal, he wound up hitting it and ran off the road. Then you get those following so close they are fixated on your bumper. I like to mess with them and serpentine across the lane, then LOLL as they run onto the shoulder.

Drive smarter, not faster

Edited by acdii