GrySql

The Fusion Diesel, Europe has them.

If the premium were the same as the Hybrid I would get the diesel, provided, A: it had more power, and B: it did get better than 47 MPG real world highway. Most of my commutes are at 55 MPH and above so I would be getting better MPG than with the Hybrid I have now. I can flat out say that anything under 50 MPH does net 47 MPG in the FFH, but above that you are really trying hard just to stay above 40. The previous generation FFH had no problem getting over 40 MPG above 55 MPH, It was only rated at 36 highway, but easily exceeded it, while city driving tended to be just at the 41 mile mark or below, while the new one is just the opposite, easily exceed the city but fights hard to get highway.

So after owning both Gens, if a diesel were to come out and owners results show that it does get at least 47 on average highway, you can believe I would get one over a hybrid. It would have a larger tank, which means further range, and only filling once a week instead of twice like I do now with the Hybrid.

Reason I would put up with the noise, Bio-Diesel! Unlike gas engines and Ethanol, A diesel can run on anything that is oil based. The first diesel engine ran on peanut oil. Diesel can be made from soy, algae, corn, or anything type of plant that has oil. As long as the correct amount of modifiers is included the diesel can burn it. I run my Kubota on used motor oil that I filter down to 1 micron and blend with regular diesel fuel at a 50% mix. I run it year round.