Toz

Yea! Got my window sticker today!!

Mine too, can't wait for it to get on a train. I imagine being in NYC that a train bound for the northeast should be relatively quick to fill and leave soon (hopefully). How long does it typically take? A few days?

Below is an extract of a vehicle visibility report (a year old now), which logs actions for a VIN for builds and checkpoints during transit, etc. Getting from Hermosillo to New York is about 2 weeks, give or take a few days (once it gets onto a rail car at Hermosillo, that is). I think mine took 11 days for mine to get off a train south of Richmond, so there are a lot of variables in the train scheduling that might cause a car to sit in Chicago for 1 day, or 5 days, or whatever - note that in the report below there was a delay due to a breakdown, which of course do happen at times.

Veh_Vis_Extract_zps9c6b5d08.jpg

Edited by jeff_h

It took 14 days to get mine from the plant to Chicago area, 5 of those days the car sat at the rail yard on the south side. The rail trip goes fairly quick, usually 5-8 days on the tracks, its the loading of the trucks at the rail yard that take the longest. There needs to be a few cars on the truck to your dealer, or to a few dealers within a set amount of miles before they load it. However, from what I understand it cant sit more than 5 days once its off the rail car.

^ I know the feeling! My car is still in Cheyenne.. Its been there since Sunday @ 9am. To be held up when it is almost here and so close is killing me slowly. Every time I call I keep hoping that it has left Cheyenne, but I have had no such luck thus far.

Yeah you're at the mercy of the trucking company's schedule I guess. There was a user on BOF about 6 months ago whose car apparently sat in a rail yard near Chicago for 9 days... though he said he was bugging them about it each day (may have been bugging the shipper too, don't recall) and based on the way he wrote it didn't sound like he was very polite about it and was being a pest to the dealer, so instead of expediting things for that guy I wonder if someone parked his car wayyyyy in the back of the rail yard 'by accident'... so yeah it sucks waiting for the system to work, but will be worth it.