acdii

I need a new phone

Last night after finishing a call, I tossed my phone to where I keep it at night, and being it was dark, missed. It has a rubber case on it, but I must have clipped the edge of the shelf just right and cracked the screen. At least that is all I thought happened until I tried to get into it, the touch screen stopped working, so I couldn't shut it off. Worse it started to play my music, and the volume was full up and would not go down, nor could I stop it from playing. It was 12:30 at night, I have a nasty head cold and I just wanted to sleep, so guess where the phone is now.

In pieces in a trash can. Even dumping it in water wouldnt shut that damned thing off.

So I need a new phone, and I dont really care if its an iphone or anything else, just want to be able to play pandora in my Fords. Since my phone is grandfathered into unlimited data, if I change it out with Verizon, I lose that but if I buy one outright and switch to it I get to keep my plan.

Its not really the amount of data, my plan has been out of contract for 4 years now, so replacing a phone that requires a new contract will add at least $50 a month. It was a first gen iphone 4, so it was running a bit slow.

Ironic, but my wife dropped her LG VX8300 and snapped it in half. She has a NIB one, identical to the one that broke(she has gone through 4 of them since I got the iphone) I went to activate it to replace hers, and its no longer certified to work with Verizon.

The plan I have now is 700 minutes shared on 3 phones, unlimited data on mine, no date on hers and 2 GB on my mom's Droid X.

I looked up what is currently available with Verizon and what I have now.

I pay $153 a month for the 3 phones. With a 4 GB account its $180 before taxes. None of us text, and we seldom ever come close to using 700 minutes, but I have hit nearly 4GB data.

The difference is that the 2 additional phones are only $10 a month, with a $30 a month data charge for the 2GB data plan for the Droid. Irony, I just found out I have full coverage for her phone and the droid, but not the iphone.

I will have to go to the Verizon store and check out my options, her phone is covered for replacement, and if we can get the spare LG activated, then I will transfer my number to the Droid and the droid to the new phone. If not then find out which phone I can buy outright and activate to replace the droid, give that to the wife, and the one that replaced her phone to my mom, and find me a phone to replace the iphone.

Got a Samsung Galaxy Note III and now just need to figure out how to get Pandora to play over USB instead of BT. It plays music direct over USB, but cant seem to figure out the Pandora audio.

ANyhow, I worked with Verizon and was able to keep my cost at or slightly below what I paid before, only lost the Unlimited Data, but have 6 GB for my phone. I replaced the Droid X with a basic phone which offset the Edge cost of the Samsung. This time I got the warranty too.

I looked but there was only 1 iphone available, used, and it was over $200. For another $99 I got a brand new phone instead. Just trying to figure out how to get it to play music files over USB, and I think I found where to place the files. However Pandora does not play over USB, and over BT it doesnt display the track info. I think someone else mentioned this too. Bit bummed about that though, I prefer Pandora over all others, and sound quality is so much better over USB than BT.

Guess what, I am

$35 restocking fee, the 5s is in stock now and they have one reserved for me. I dont care much for the android OS. Granted the larger screen would make watching netflix better, but the other apps I use are half what I get with the iphone.

Well that was painful, but resolved, I hope, I will know for sure once my billing updates. Swapped out the Samsung for an iPhone 5S 64 gb. The Samsung was OK, but too big, and just didnt work for my needs, answering it was a pain, too big. Might as well hold a laptop to your head.

Well now that I have the new 5s, all I had to do was plug it into my laptop, open itunes and click restore. I now have everything I had on the old phone working on the new phone, only better. Pandora also plays perfectly through USB, I just needed to get the music library loaded before it would play anything through USB, now its perfect.