LEM

VIP program. Who has it? How much did you pay?

I think you're talking about the VIP program that's offered through the dealer chain where both you and I bought our cars... it may be worth it over paying for each visit separately, just read the fine print.

There are also Ford prepaid maintenance plans which I think are along the same lines, you may also want to research those at the same Flood site as the extended warranties and see if that might be a better deal?

In 44K miles I spent under $100 for maintenance on the 2010 FFH. This included tire rotations.

I just got the oil changed every 10K, they do their little check and rotate the tires. $25 a pop, and the 5th was free. I think I replaced the wiper blades once. I still have that 5th oil change credit. So maybe it was $120 with the wiper blades.

Those programs are cash cows for dealers. Years ago when you needed to change oil 3K miles, something like these did pay off, but today's cars go 10K+ between changes, and hybrids dont need brakes done every 30K, plus their are fewer fluids that need changing, like transmission, power steering, etc. The only thing the Hybrids have that normal cars dont is the additional cooling system.

The thing that is a much less riskier purchase is an extended warranty, all it takes is one component to go poof and the warranty is paid for.

Yes! Knowing how many miles you drive a year can determine which plan to get. Considering in 4 months 11 days I put 10K on mine, I purchased a 4 year 125K mile plan. I will blow through it in that time period. My dealer matched Flood Ford too, so I only needed one payment on the car and not one for the car and the ESP. Only made a $5 difference too.

Edited by acdii