trvlrschick

Do these prices sound reasonable?

Looks to me like deal #1 is a VA dealer with the $499 processing fee, and deal #2 is a MD dealer with the $200 processing fee. The difference in the tags cost is likely due to deal #1 not including the $64 per year hybrid tax that should be included with registration (you'd think a VA dealer would know that) and is quoting cost of a 1-year registration -- whereas deal #2 is including the hybrid tax and is quoting a 2-year registration -- that's my guess on the difference. To get a better comparison it's probably a good idea to ask both to itemize all of the costs and then you can list them yourself on a spreadsheet side-by-side and see which is better.

Normally I will get a reply back from a dealer same-day, I wouldn't call a couple days 'forever' but it still is a bit odd. Let us know how it goes.

When I look at window stickers the $795 destination and delivery is included in the MSRP. Dont know why its listed seperate from MSRP and its part of it.

I expect the MD dealer that is being referenced is the same one where we bought my wife's Energi - they leave that $795 rate out of the online posted price, though it is noted in the fine print -- simple gimmick to get someone onto the lot for a test drive and the selling tactics, etc.

jeff_h, the MD dealer is Apple Ford, is that the one you got your wife's car from?

The very same... I do like that they post prices on their web site (as opposed to some dealers who just post 'call us') but leaving that $795 freight out and just having it in the fine print is a way to make them appear to be lower than the rest.

truecar.com. I have found that site to have the most realistic pricing anywhere, and no haggle coupons too.