acdii

Interesting observation

I have been doing some experiments with ICE vs EV on some stretches of road in the morning and discovered I can get better MPG if I stay on ICE on some roads. Depending on the terrain if I let the car do its thing I can lose as much as 4 MPG,

Yesterday conditions were the same as today, so on this one stretch where I usually keep it between 55-60 and stay on ice with a 80+% SOC it will hover around the 40 MPG mark, so I had let the car go into EV and drove it like that all the way to work. I only managed to get 43.5. Today I forced it to use ICE for a good portion of the trip until I got to roads where I know cycling through ICE/EV gets the best, and returned a 47.

So in summary, sometimes staying on ICE is better than forcing it to use EV, if you can keep the state of charge at or above 80%, you can expect to see over 40 MPG from the ICE. This make me wish there was an option to turn EV off at speeds above 50 MPH and run solely on the ICE like the old fusion did. I always got great highway MPG in that one.

1381486_610137975695007_1616850269_n.jpg