MaineFusion

My day driving a 2012 Ford Fusion (non-hybrid dealer loaner)

My 2013 FFH was in the shop today for the haft-shaft TSB plus fixing some trim issues and minor dents happened in a previous visit. While my car was being serviced, the dealer gave me a 2012 Ford Fusion as a loaner. This appeared to be a base model. While it was no where near as stylish as the 2013 Fusion, I found it to be very roomy with about the same leg room as the 2013, however, the 2012's seats are no where near as comfortable as the 2013's. Even forgiving the extra ICE noise from the 2012 not being a hybrid, it produced way more road noise than my 2013 FFH.

Although one day is hardly a comprehensive trial, I was able to average just about 41mpg for my almost 100 mile commute between Saco and Lewiston Maine, which I thought was pretty impressive. The best I could squeeze out of my 2006 Hyundai Elantra for the same commute was around 36mph.

Overall, I find the 2012 Fusion I drove would have been a nice replacement to my 2006 Elantra, but it also made me really appreciate my 2013 FFH so much better.

This is what prompted us to trade our perfectly fine 10 for the 13. Though the 10 was a good car, the 13 had us spoiled with the comfort, ride and handling.

Did the one you drove have the 2.5L 4-cyl or the 3.0 V6? I had a 3.0 V-6 2012 Fusion SEL as a rental once from Enterprise while our FFH was getting some repairs done and I agree that it is a very nice car. I found the gas mileage to not be very good though...only around 20 MPG.

Sounds to me that he had the 2.5 in it, the V6 is pretty quiet compared to the 2.5 and the 2.0 in the 13 FFH. They also do very well on the highway.