millerliteguy

Just picked up my 2013 FFH Titanium - Bye Bye 2013 Prius

Congrats and Welcome to the Dark Side! I'm with graystrider, I cant stand the PPP(still cant say it). I owned a 2007 and after 10 months it was GONE! One winter in that thing was enough to make me NEVER want to be in one again. For what it is, it's an OK car, for city folk. Get one out where I live, and it is just not cut out for this kind of environment. Not bashing it, just saying it is not designed for country road driving in Illinois.

Not to offend anyone, but the Prius is not a car that inspires because of its styling. Really not fair to even compare them to a Fusion. I just felt there were too many compromises with owning one. Luckily, there are now alternatives in the segment, such as Camry and others.

That's the way it worked out for me, I had a 2005 Prius for four years as I didn't see a real alternative at that time. In 2009 that changed when the FFH came along and that's when I made the change.

The PPP(still cant say it) was an experiment for us for sure. Neither my wife or I liked it after our first few months of tire slipping, stalling and horrible cross wind handling. She was scared to drive it after one time where the rear broke loose on a curve in the rain. Wasn't long after that it went byebye.

I double what you said bit I have a small question that has been going through my mind...

I just purchased my 2012 brand new FFH..from what I know my car has a 2.5L ICE and the 2013 FFH has 2.0L ICE ...has any body compared the power and the way it applies that power?? is my 2.5 more powerful than the 2.0??

I mean why did ford change from 2.5 to 2.0?? and what was the compromises/advantages?

I had both at the same time. The new Fusion is much more City oriented for good MPG, while the older one did fantastic on the highway. Power wise they feel about the same. The big difference between the two isnt the ICE but the EV portion, Huge difference in them. The 13 can go further on EV and faster, which makes up what ever HP and power difference of the 2.5.

Does make me wonder how well the 2.5 would do with the new EV portion at highway speeds. I always did very well highway in the 10, up to 60 MPG Interstate. Never though was I able to get what I get in the 13 in my daily drive in the 10. low 40's tops under ideal conditions. I get upper 40's in the 13 pretty much all the time.