hybridbear

What will the C-Max MPG change mean for Ford?

I don't think there's anything ethical in this discussion at all. It's my understanding that any vehicle that has an identical powertrain and falls in the same weight class is required by the EPA to carry the same mpg rating.

The below is from the Ford media release, doesn't seem from the wording that they are required to use the same labeling, though maybe it's common practice?

"While the company could continue to use EPA’s General Label for C-MAX Hybrid, Ford voluntarily has decided to test and label C-MAX Hybrid separately going forward. The result will be a lower miles-per-gallon label for the 2013 C-MAX Hybrid."

The Fusion Does get 47, those that are working and driven properly. I know now they do, but the "other" car sure had me believing Ford lied. The difference between the Fusion and Cmax is Aerodynamics. The Fusion is sleeker and slips through the air easier than the Cmax, and has been the #1 thing brought up when comparing the two. How can Ford say a car with a higher CoD get the same MPG as the Fusion? Well here's your answer! They can't. Ford took a gamble and lost, simple as that. It wouldn't surprise me that those responsible for marketing the Cmax at 47 MPG when their data said otherwise(why else reduce it at this point), will soon be doing something else, if not already.

However, this does confirm what we saw earlier this year, Ford was ranked #1 of all companies. This is a good example of why. Ford stepped up and admitted, oops, we made a mistake, and is compensating for it, not enough by most peoples standards, but something is always better than nothing. When you consider some companies still wont admit there was a problem(Toyota), at least no one died from Fords oops.