LEM

BLIS stays on for a while on the right side.

All the time. Mine will come on when going down the road and the grass is too tall, or passing over a bridge. It picks up echos from the shoulder.

Mine alerts me to garbage cans, the car port, the garage, the trees. But the other day did not warn me about the car that had just gone past after I put it in reverse. I guess you have to be actively moving a bit before it will do that.

Mine alerts me to garbage cans, the car port, the garage, the trees. But the other day did not warn me about the car that had just gone past after I put it in reverse. I guess you have to be actively moving a bit before it will do that.

I think the CTA is activated in "R".

I think the CTA is activated in "R".

It is, but I think it has a slight delay before it kicks in. It didnt warn about the car that was in range when I had just put it in reverse, it may have been on the edge of detection. I saw the car in the camera when it came on.

Driving besides medians with shrubbery or high curbs or dirty lower rear fenders can cause this also.

BLIS on my 2014 Fusion Titanium has not worked correctly since delivery. This week it returned from Five Star Ford of Plano for the 3rd time without a fix.

I filed a formal complaint with NHTSA regarding this safety issue. Non BLIS equipped Fusions come with a blind spot mirror and BLIS systems do not. Safety problem occurs when the BLIS systems do not work correctly and you have no manual means such as the blind spot mirror to fall back on.

I would encourage everyone with the malfunctioning BLIS to file a complaint with NHTSA here; https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Video I made clearly demonstrates the problem;

I sent my dealer a video on how to fix the problem;

My daughter has 2017 Volt arriving next week and I will compare how well Fords system works vs Chevy.

Edited by darrelld

My initial decision to avoid BLIS was because I was familiar with the standard mirror arrangement from owning a Fiesta. Properly adjusted I can have virtually no blind spots so my thought was "why buy this when I can have success with the base setup?" Since then I have toyed with getting it on the next car, and I can cope with it reporting hedges and the like ... but the possibility of the electronic fluff at the wrong time just doesn't sit well with me. These cars are already techno-marvels ... why add more potential for pain?

I have BLIS on my 2016 Subaru Outback and it works perfectly, I believe its a problem with Fords implementation that's the problem. When you think of Ford and advanced technology you think of Microsoft Sync.

Edited by darrelld

I have the same issue for the most part that you have in your video but on the driver side. The other video you posed shows a fault message when he starts the car. I wish mine did that since I could get it repaired with no issue. My car doesn't say anything is wrong even though the system messes up more than half the time. I had to shut it off since it's bad but I want this damn thing fixed.

I emailed Ford Customer service and this quote sums up their reply.

"Please note that Ford Motor Company’s engineering department will not allow, in most cases, a repair to a vehicle unless one of the following occurs: (a) the dealer is able to duplicate the concern or (b) there is a trouble code found in the vehicle’s computer system. At this time, since the dealership has not been able to duplicate your concern, we would recommend that you test drive with either the technician, shop foreman or service manager of the dealership so that the concern with the vehicle can be duplicated for them.

Please advise how you would like to proceed."

Edited by darrelld