Rosskk80

How you can achieve better MPG than Eco cruise

What you can do that Eco C can't is to speed up prior to climbing the hill. Then bleed off that excess speed as you go up. It take less energy to accelerate on a flat than to maintain speed up hill. This is what has been helping mine get better MPG.

On the interstate though, the Cruise does the best.

What Eco Cruise does the best at is acceleration, If you can learn how to accelerate like it does in Cruise, then you can do far better driving it than with the cruise. What the cruise does that can defeat the advantage is decelerating while going down hill, where if you were in control, you could take advantage of the downhill to gain some extra speed if a hill comes up, or if there is a nice flat stretch that you can glide for a while with little to no EV pulling of the pack. When going downhill it tends to regen, where I would use gravity to accelerate so the next stretch uses less energy from the ICE or batteries. I have a couple stretches that are like this that I find I can go several miles on EV with only a half charge.

What would enhance the Ecocruise is tying it into GPS with elevation, so it can anticipate upcoming hills and gather up some speed to be able to climb it with reduced power, while also taking advantage of downhill. It would have to anticipate a hill over the next hill for it to really take advantage of it like we can by looking ahead as we drive.