Sign in to follow this  
agarciagmu

new owner of a 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE

Read all the manuals several times all the way through while parked and operate all the controls and menus. You wont remember everything but it's a start. If you've never read an owners manual before, reading this one will yeild the most benefit. Read about how to drive a hybrid. You don't have to drive it differently from other cars but there will be greater rewards if you do. The forum Cleanmpg.com has some primer sections. Don't coax EV mode as it frequently is less efficient at higher speeds. Have fun !

We live outside Washington DC and traffic is a nightmare.

Hmmm, you don't say... this past week (day before the 4th) instead of going my normal 60-mile commute from Northern VA down to Stafford (where I-95 stands still the entire way), I went 29 miles out of the way (went I-66 way out west near Marshall then took US17) and made about 30 minutes better time than if I had taken the 'short' route.

So welcome, I didn't see your color noted, what did you get? And you can post purchase prices here if you like, several here have... mine turned out to be about $400 over invoice but was the best offer of the dealers that I asked about placing a retail order. My dealer has since ordered an exact dupe of my Ruby Red and it is sitting there as dealer stock, and now with the 'special sale' going on (there is also an increased rebate now over what I had) someone can buy the exact car for $1,000-1,500 less than I did.. Oh well that's life, I've enjoyed my car for 6 months and 17k miles so life is good.

Edited by jeff_h