Sign in to follow this  
Azimuth

Is the radio in the 2013 FFH SE standard 2DIN?

Sync, and depending on the car, which if you go low end, maybe not much else, but if it has MFT, all the controls for HVAC are tied into it too. The right side dash display will be useless too. Changing out the head unit these days is nearly impossible since so much is tied into it now that it no longer has a "head unit". If you can isolate the outputs, run filters from it, then you can add your own amps and upgrade the speakers, but if its a FFH the sound canceling system will need to be deactivated or your system will sound like crap no matter how good the hardware is.

I had contemplated this when I had the SE, and figured the cost to do it, and the room it would take up in the already small trunk just wasn't worth it. With the Sony system, it sounds great, just have to balance the system to your type of music.

Have you checked out the sound system in the Titanium model? It is a Sony system and supposedly very good? I have an SE so don't have first hand experience.

What are your needs?

It is. With the right song that is ripped correctly meaning it has the right bitrate and volume level, usually downloaded from iTunes tracks are like this, the sound is great. When you can feel the bass in your chest without having th blast it, you know its good. Is isnt as good as the F150 and Flex, but those were large open cabins with the woofer inside, but does sound pretty good for stock. It can compare to aftermarket systems that you used to put into cars before the advent of Huge amps and subs, that could cost up to 2K to install.