acdii

Oh NO I am one of THOSE guys now!

OK, yesterday before I went to pick up horse stuff, I dusted off the car, then went over it with Turtle Wax black car detailer spray. Picked it up, came back and wiped the bugs off.

This morning we were going to the stores in Woodstock, and again, wiped down the car, and cleaned the windows.

We were on our way back, and needed gas, so as I am driving to our regular station, I saw bugs hitting the car and frowned and said damned bugs, and pulled into the station just as a storm hit. Oh no my baby is getting wet. As we were on our way home with the rain pouring down, and me grumbling, my wife pulled up the music screen and did a quick search and played Im in love with my car.

I laughed, she laughed, kids were puzzled.

We get home and after pulling into the garage and emptying the trunk, I grab my drying stuff and towel off the car. This time my wife just looks at me and says, Man you are getting ANAL about your car!

OK, I have to admit, I am obsessing over keeping it clean more than any other car I have ever owned, and I guess it is because it is the best looking car I have ever owned, and between this one and the Flex, I will be a busy guy on the weekends. :) I got a trunk organizer and everything is neat and in a place for the first time ever. Yeah I have gotten anal about this one.

Sad part though, there is a little ding on the drivers door just below the window, and I am pissed about it, going to see if the body shop and massage it out. I don't know how it got there or when, but it stands out!

I'm sad, it rained on the way to work, now I have to start all over again :(

I will give that heat up cool down method a try, just need to make sure I don't over do it since I don't actually have a hair dryer but a heat gun that can strip the paint off a battle ship. I meant, what the heck would a balding dude need a hair dryer for anyway!

I am pretty handy with the heat gun. I use it to shrink the covering on my planes, and have only one time put a hole in the stuff because I got too close. I will give it a try, but will test it out first on our other car.

As for my trunk, need to vacuum it, but its finally neat.

1010169_559244284117710_218016795_n.jpg

A collision shop would screw themselves showing how its really done. They heat and cool to shrink and stretch metal all the time.