Spadoac

Dead 12 V Battery

From the beginning I informed my service adviser that a simple internet search will shows that a lot of FFH and CMAX owners have been having a lot of issues with battery's manufactured during the 4th QTR 2012. I went in to the Dealer Monday after i was informed of the 2nd battery failure and specifically asked why they would consider installing a battery from Q4/12. Just an embarrassed look and a apology. As for the technicians? They claimed that all they could do is pull data and send it to Ford then be advised of the next step to take. I don't understand the waiting for Ford engineers to tell them they can try changing the battery before the 8th day in the shop? This is one of the largest dealers in our area. One would hope they had competent technicians. As for the Ford Field Service Engineers they looked at my car on day 6,8 and 11.

This is why I had so many issues trying to get the BD worked on. Ford corp tends to tie things down and has to approve everything before service can do anything to the car.

Next week my dark horse will be parked in a garage all by itself, so will be interesting to see if it discharges during that time.

On the way back I plugged in my cell phone charger into the 12v power point in front of the console. This may be the contributing factor to the issues I am having. The previous time of failure I may have using it then also.

Have you tried using a cable from USB to phone to charge it and avoid using the 12v port at all, to see if that makes a difference? And then if it behaves fine like that, then maybe try using that charger in the rear 12v port (to see if using the other port successfully might indicate that the front port has an issue) or see if it occurs once again (maybe indicating that the charger itself is the issue)? I agree with lolder above that the charger should not be such a drain and cause these issues, but maybe changing the config to help isolate the conditions of the problem may be a worthwhile move?