Spadoac

Dead 12 V Battery

Did they replace the battery yet? The error codes will get thrown when the 12v battery is low. Unless they did a full overnight charge and load test on the battery to prove its good, I would have them replace the battery and see if that works.

No pushbutton start. I hate to say it but I am now an expert at removing the cover from the door handel and manualy use the key. From what I have been told the shop forman has had to take over and is working directly with Ford Engineers to run full system checks on all computer modules. The susposedly will be a factory engineer who will be there tomorrow. They claim this is all new to them.

The SE Hybrid does not have the option of push-button start, that was the reason I placed order #2 that was later abandoned.

On the above issue, have they replaced the 12v battery? I see from the above that "There was a recent memo discussing a similar issue and all they had to do is update the computer program" which I assume is the TSB on that issue, but if the 12v battery was no good by that time, maybe that should also be replaced.

how many times has it been in for this and how many days out of service? If they cant fix it, there is always the lemon law.