clummus

guess I don't know how to drive a hybrid yet

At your main screen where the empower and other window are, hold down the OK button to reset it, it only resets the lifetime for that window, the trip 1 and 2 are reset individually. If you dont reset that one when you first get the car it will take forever for it to climb. I reset mine when I was sitting at the entrance of the dealer just before I pulled out, its at 42. something now, but trip 1 which I never reset is at 35. I use Trip 2 for my tank fills, Trip one for Day1 miles, and lifetime, and the top screen for long term MPG. Somewhere deep in the menu is the lifetime MPG reset which wipes out the summary.

When you shut off the car you will get a summary screen for that trip, followed by the lifetime summary. You can experiment with the trip 1 and 2 if you want, wont hurt anything unless you are keeping track of trips with them like most of us do.

Drive it more, you might be trying too hard though. Try not to keep it in EV too much, and see if that changes anything. I have only driven the car 3 times so far and have not really played the Hybrid game with it, just letting it do its thing and getting 40-43 in it. I'm approaching this car with a different attitude than the last one, and just driving it, and ignoring the tricks I used in the 10 and the Flex, and seems to be working.

Just use a light throttle when at speed, give it a healthy push from a light up to speed between the second and third mark on the Empower screen, and back off when approaching the speed you want to be at, then just lightly caress the throttle to help it stay there, and let the car do the rest.