thuss

Invoice Pricing

Looks like a good deal -- you can go to edmunds.com or kbb,com and run the same config and see how close they show to the invoice price that the dealer quoted, but I bet it's pretty close. Also be sure to account for fuel and advertising charge if listed on the dealer invoice.

Wow 9.8% sales tax, geez... we bought my wife's car before July 1st since the sales tax for cars is going up from 3% to 4%...

I found discrepancies between various sites regarding invoice prices. The only site that I actually got what I would consider actual Invoice prices was Consumers Reports Auto Buying guide. I dont remember if Invoice is listed on the Xplan Pin site.

Getting invoice price on an order is pretty good. You can try to negotiate down from there, but the fact that they offered invoice price to start means they might not be willing to go lower. Many dealers won't even offer invoice price on orders.

Maybe that's more of a market-based thing, a price-war with a crosstown dealer that's been undercutting their deals, etc?

Also, if I remember, KBB do not include the advertising + fuel charges that should appear on the invoice you saw.

Those are real fees and vary by region. That would explain the difference.

The trade my dealer got from me on the 13 HyTi was a sweet ride, note, was. Its in a body shop now after the tech taking it on a road test before putting it on the lot got rear ended by some woman texting and not paying attention to traffic. She rearended a car behind him, which pushed it into him, then he was pushed into the car in front of him. Too bad, that car was pristine, all it needed was a vacumming and quick wash. It only had one little mark on the rear left bumper where some moron in a minivan brushed me when he didnt stop in time. So what could have been a quick sale for them will take a few weeks to get repaired.

And in my case, my 2010 FFH creampuff trade-in with just 26k on it, I got the KBB fair trade-in price - no haggling - which was

my target @ $17k. I was happy.... Dealer figured it would be gone in a few days.

The car is still on the dealers lot after 2 months at $19.5k. I think except for people own and appreciate the hybrids

and/or us geeks, people generally don't like hybrids and figure the extra price isn't worth it. Even a well depreciated.

used car. Which I am glad I didn't sell myself.