Sign in to follow this  

It was a very nice day, and since my parts arrived on time, I spent the day putting the hitch on the new Flex, and discovered I wasted about $80 and 3 hours time. Apparently Ford changed the wiring harness in the current model to include all the trailer components, still unknown if the brake controller is fully wired, cant find the adapter for it yet. So after running the wires, which required removing a bunch of internal panels, and losing one clip :censored: , I plugged in the new bumper harness after tracking down the wires that go to the trailer connectors, and just as a whim checked to see if I got power back there before tapping in the light module. Glad I did, every thing works without the module! All I need now is the brake controller and harness and see if they work, if not I have everything in place to tap into for power.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice too, so on to cleaning up the Fusion, it NEEDS it! Maybe once I have it clean and shiny again I wont look at it as being so old.

Spent the day cleaning the 10. Wow, what a difference a few hours of cleaning can do. The car just needs the plastic side panels replaced, whoever installed the seat heats broke both of them. Other than that the car looks like new inside. The Weathertechs make a huge difference in keeping the carpet clean. I didnt finish though, still have the glass and exterior to clean, and I killed the battery. I thought the 10 had battery saver, guess not!

Got my trailer hooked up and leveled out, Everything worked! I did waste time with the light module and running of wires, didnt need any of them! Brakes worked, aux power worked. Pulls nicely too.

936685_540538779321594_2089189435_n.jpg