acdii

What the new 2013 Fusion Hybrid did for me

As most here know, I had a bad experience with Ford, not so much with the car, but with the company. But one thing though, owning the new FFH has done something for me that I am thankful for, actually two things, first is I met a great group of people on this Forum, so thanks for being here,

Second though, it made me a better driver. In all my attempts to eek out any kind of acceptable gas mileage from that blue demon, I learned how to drive my other Hybrid more efficiently, and it also taught me how to be more efficient in the new Flex that replaced the Fusion. Even though I now have 365 HP at my command, and can feel the G's when that throttle is pushed, I dont. I drive it sensibly, only putting the power down to pavement when I absolutely need it.

The new Fusion is a remarkable car, and even though I had a nightmare time with mine, I will still gladly recommend it to anyone who asks. The driving experience alone sets it apart from all the rest in its class. If you want better, go to BMW and pay a whole lot more. Ford did a great job with the new Fusion, they did a great job on the older Fusion, and that was probably one of the best things Ford could have done to get to this point. I have not one complaint on my 2010 FFH, nor the one before it which was a 2010 Fusion Sport. Yeah, the 10 FFH doesn't handle as well as the Sport did, but the new one handles as well, if not better than the Sport, and that is the one thing I really miss about no longer having the Fusion.

I am hoping that I can find a way soon to get another one, and hoping beyond hope that when I do, it will not be like the first one, but will be great like every one elses.

And to those of you here who have been supportive throughout my dilemma, cajoled me when I needed it, slapped me to reality and basically set me straight before I made an ass of myself and made enemies, I thank you.

I hope I can pay back the support when needed and hope I can help others get the best out of their cars, both new and old.

Yeah, I know, its part of the 7 deadly sins, but I envy and am jealous of all who have the new Fusion and are getting great gas mileage in them.

Probably right on that one. Of all the features I had in the Fusion, the only ones missing on the Flex are the Lane Keeping and Auto Highbeams. I would have to go with an MKT for that. Would rather have the Flex though, more room in it. BTW the dealer got a VIN on the one I ordered, hasn't shared it yet since I now have the Flex, but still, its on the schedule. Who knows, maybe if a decent price can be worked out..........

I do want to see it when it comes in though.

Its respectable, 365 HP, 350 lb-ft torque, starting at 1500 RPM for the torque, 5500 for max HP. Does 0-60 in 5.7 seconds.

Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. :) I contemplated the thought, the 13 I had ordered is still being built, but in black. I stopped by last night and they gave me a price with my 10 as trade, and since it is still early on schedule some items could be removed to bring the cost down. I really dont need Nav,or the ACC in it, have the Flex for those trips. It comes out just a bit too high unless I remove the moonroof too, but that is something we actually use and find a neccesity in the Hybrid in warmer weather. My wife was on the fence with it, but decided, the 2010 is just fine, lets wait a year or two.

It would be cool to have two black beauties in the driveway, but the 2010 is a good car, so she has a good point, if it aint broke dont replace it.

Oh I will, unlike someone :baby: else, I still own and drive a Fusion Hybrid, just not a new one. :) Besides, I like to stick my tongue out at some of you braggers when you show high MPG readouts from your new cars, and say, hey I can do that too! :) :hysterical: :hi5: :yahoo:

I also want to keep track of what is going on with the new cars so when I finally do get the chance to get one I know what to watch out for in it, in case I pick up a used one instead of new.

I took a loss, but not a raping thanks to my dealer backing up his word. He said he would get me out of the car into something else with as little loss as possible, but only on a new car. He gave me 31500 on the car, and knocked $1000 off the Flex, plus the incentives, so I only lost about $3000 in total, less when you subtract miles. They are standup guys there! I had looked for used Flex or MKT, but when the trade appraisals were no higher than 27500, I decided to check out a new one instead, and well, it costs me more, but its what we actually needed, not the Fusion.

I contemplated trading our 10 for the one I ordered, but not feasible at this time.

Funny thing though, i mentioned, wouldnt it be neat to drive to town and back and not use any gas? My wife said, how? C-Max Energi, and I showed her what they run, she wants one now. My dealer isnt certified though, so not going to happen. That new Fusion spoiled me though, it rode so nice, drove so nice, and was so quiet. Now driving the 10 it feels so....old. If I could stiffen the suspension so it handles better, I would enjoy it more.

If Ford sent me a couple coupons for $1500 rebate, well, that would put the car right in our range. Like that will ever happen.