Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Where's the ARK?

Holy flooding Batman! This has been a very wet week here, flooding on the Kennedy and Edens expressways, several towns shut down due to flooded roads. Last year, drought, this year floods. Maybe someone miscalculated that Mayan calendar.

Totally bummed. I have at least 2 inches of water in my basement, 1 pump id dead, another has a bad float switch, so its plugged in direct with no shutoff. Water is pouring in from 2 windows and seeping up from underneath the house. My workshop floor was not put in correctly, it slopes AWAY from the pit! I had the box for one of my planes under a bench and it got soaked, thankfully most of the plane was built and only a few pieces were in the box and will be OK. Now to spend a few hundred more on pumps, again, and the weekend cleaning up. Oh and the internet is down too due to water getting into the panel.

Also having some problems with do gooders who reported us for having thin horses, so our property was violated this week. Yes my horses are thin and yes we ran out of hay. Well duh, hello Drought! No hay available! Spending a small fortune feeding them with bagged food. Tough cold winter, they were in for several months too. I hate this state, and I hate those people!

:banghead:

So far replaced 2 pumps, found out that one of the drain tiles under the addition is clogged, which is partially why water had filled that area and the sump was dry. I took my framing hammer and punched a hole in the pit and the water started pouring in like after the iceberg hit the titanic, and it was just as cold too. I have a transfer pump with suction attachment hooked to a garden hose pulling water off the floor to another pit, and it was almost dry, only a few small puddles that I could pull up with the shop vac, but this morning, its covered with water again, just cant seem to get ahead. Once this is over I have to pull everything away from the walls and seal where the floor meets the walls, it appears this is where the water is coming in. Just cant get ahead of it yet, and of course, its my work shop, the one room I use a lot, and have to put a bunch of projects on hold until the room is dry. The pump in that pit has been going 24x7 now, and the level has dropped, but still coming in too fast for a cycle like the other pumps have. Its a 4300 GHP pump too.

Pot of Petunias! More RAIN! Ugh just about have the basement dried out too.

Yeah, me too..... I lost an entire weekend of working on my RC plane, and was hoping to have it partially painted by now so I could fit the radio gear and engine today. Going to work on the wing tonight during our weekly get together.

I'm assuming this is a float plane you are building. Or possibly one of the James Bond Fly/Drive/ Submerge vehicles?

HAHAH no, thankfully the planes are up high so none got any water damage. The box for the one I am building got soaked, but is drying out OK, hopefully the manual dries out OK.

Maybe they did an OK job, he could have had 4 FEET instead! :) Always look on the bright side of life. :sing_rain: Well the good news is what ever was on the floor yesterday morning was still there last nght, which means no more has come in, but I was too much in a foul mood to deal with it. Tuesday is my regular RC club, but the guy whose barn we meet at was out of town still. My wife looked at me last night and said, now Walter..... jeff-dunham-walter.jpg

He scares the Crap out of me.

I prefer Bubba J

Edited by acdii

Aww bugger, even though I was very careful, wore gloves and washed up every time I was done clearing out the water, I think I still managed to pick up a bug. Felt like crap at the end of each day starting on Friday. Achy, fever, chills, then sweat like a race horse during the night and not sleeping well. This morning felt fine, now its starting to creep up on me again.

Talk about when it rains it pours..........