fusionTX

Newbie Questions

I lock my doors by touching the top of the handle. It doesn't beep, but I can hear it lock and the red lock light turns on.

Isn't that neat! I catch myself using the touch pad to lock the doors, and say DOH when I realize all I have to do is touch the door handle now. Ford finally got what Toyota and Hyundai have had for a few years now. Too bad you have to get the Ultimate trim package to get it.

Snicker.........

It takes some getting used to having one of each, the Fusion uses the key, and the Flex is just like the HyTi. I found myself locking the doors with the keypad, and then think, DOH, dummy, just grab the handle!

is there a way to see the MPG for the current trip as it progresses?

On my Camry I had a display which updated the MPG for the current trip during the trip.

So I had certain landmarks on my trip to work where I knew that I should be averaging 30 MPGs by then or 35 MPGs by then, and I could tell

if I was doing better or worse than my normal avarage.

I haven't seen a way to gauge this on the Fusion except for at the end of the trip. Is their a current MPG readout somewhere?

if not that would be a very useful thing to have.

Scan Gauge. This is why Prius users started using them so they can keep track of key components to maximize their MPG. It has 4 displays you can customize, and one of them is current average and instant MPG readouts. The Fusions dont have a way to do it without resetting the dash each time.

Where do they put the park assist then if they use that spot for the fuel door?