Sign in to follow this  
Toz

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium fuel Mileage

Once you have it a couple weeks, your foot starts to become very in-tune with the pedal and you'll be able to get it into EV mode a lot easier. I've noticed myself noticing the "feel" of the car a lot more than I ever did with previous vehicles.

And as the weather warms up it will get even easier to do this. To me, the biggest killer of mileage is

just moderately colder weather (50s or below). Just the engine running to keep the car warm is

where alot of the gas goes.

I'm still learning how to drive mine .... Yesterday on the way home I got 33.6 on the highway (12 miles @ 70) and this morning I got 36.1 by taking back roads (12.3 miles, mostly 55, some city driving at 35).

I'm finding it hard to go in EV at 55 MPH, unless I'm going downhill and don't need any power to keep the car moving. Going on a flat road, the power needed to keep the car going is more than the EV threshold, even with a 3/4 charged battery. It also doesn't seem to coast too much. Coming to a stop sign, I can pretty much let go of the gas pedal and it'll stop on it's own. I'm driving with the climate off, radio on.

I'm trying to use cruise control, but I keep pushing the wrong buttons. I'm used to pushing the lane assist button to set the speed, not having to turn it on when I turn the car on and using the + button to resume speed. The Fusion is totally different, so I'll have to get used to it.

Gulp,

please dont be like lime, please dont be like mine, please dont be like mine.

Doing a little praying for you.

I don't think it's the car as much as the driver ... My wife got 44 MPG the day we picked it up, going about 50-55 ...

Whew, had me worried there, thats exactly how mine acted! I know it wasnt my driving though, not when you see what I get in my other cars! LOL

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. Two trips this afternoon. It's not the 47-50 everyone is is reporting, but it's consistent! This is city driving, mostly going 35, but on the last trip I got up to 55! Temps around 50F.

You only have 258 miles on the car.... mine started the same way then once past the 'break-in' stage it improved.

Yeah, same here, it does not Like rain, neither of them. The 10 only got 34 this morning. Sad puppy here. Of course it was during a pounding hard rain too.

If you can stay on ICE, it will take a while, but eventually you will find its sweet spot and be able to keep it there while staying within 5 MPH of your given speed. So say you are doing 65, you can be anywhere between 63 and 70 MPH on ICE while staying in the 40 range. Thats what I eventually learned mine would do. It takes time to learn these cars, but once you learn their nuances, they become second nature. It transitions into other cars too, thats how I am able to get over 20 MPG in the Flex and 40's in the 10 FFH all highway.

Lets just say, with the miles you have on it now, you are doing much better in yours than I did in mine at that speed, I rarely got above 35.

You know what might be helpful to all is before shutting down, take a shot of the battery SOC, and then the trip summary. this would give a better idea on battery usage, maybe some are using too much battery which is sucking up fuel to recharge.

Neod, ignore the acceleration coach, and focus on the brake coach. Maybe you arent giving it enough gas to get up to speed. I noticed a slight improvement when I did that.