smr2112

Dealer Allocation Question - How does it work?

So in talking with the dealer, where I want to factory order (ie, a customer order),

the dealer says they are only allocated so many Fusions or variations in the line

for a given period of time.

I always though that if 100 buying customers walked in off the street, they could commit

to 100 orders to the factory. But I guess the factory has to accept these orders

along with dealer stock orders on an allocation basis?

So one dealer can't get all the orders or there is some notion of fairness.

Can somebody explain this in a bit of detail?

This is what I feel will hang up my order on the HyTi. The dealership is allowed to have so many of one particular model, regardless of trim at any given time. So if their inventory lists that number of that particular model, they are sent to the back of the line until they clear out slots in inventory. If the dealer is allocated 9 Fusion slots, and have 8 on the lot, they are allowed to build 1 unit, even if they have 12 on order. Right now my dealer has at least 8 Fusions on the lot, which means if thats all they are allocated for, then my order will have to wait until a slot opens up when they sell a Fusion.