malibu3105

Can waypoints be loaded into the Nav system

Take the Garmin with, trust me on this, you wont wind up taking a ferry crossing if you have the Garmin, and if you do use the Ford Nav and come across those caution, unknown roads, at least you will have a second helper to steer you along. Thankfully I had my TomTom with me when I went to Florida, and should have just stuck with its trip plan instead of following the EcoRoute with the Ford Nav. Thankfully the Ferry was still running, even though it was a dark stormy night.

Maybe that is why Ford is looking to have people make APPs for them. :) The built in Nav does have its good features. If you get low on gas it will pop up local gas stations, or hungry, look for food and stuff like that.

I prefer a good old road map though when interstate driving, then again, I was a truck driver for a while and miss reading those big atlas maps.

For customized routing, I hook the TomTom to my PC and load the routing in through that, then I just plug it in and go. Its good to have a spare when you no longer carry a paper map.

So what your saying is that you use your Tom Tom and not the Ford NAV ?

Or are you saying you are loading your Tom Tom data into your car NAV somehow ??

Yes, No.

After the fiasco with the car ferry when going to Florida on a dark stormy night, I will never trust the car nav again. Not once has the TomTom led me astray, provided the address is in the system. Only once did it have me going in circles as the road name and zip were confused. A map update corrected it.

I did try "Send to Car" App from my Android table and supposedly you can do this directly on

the web with Google Maps. It did work, but you have to use the Sync Services in the car to

pull down any destinations you created - they of course, don't just show up in your

Nav.

So it's somewhat limited I guess.

Looks like Google Maps can't send, but I did a quick test with MapQuest just for

a location and it has a "Send to Sync"

Edited by smr2112