Sign in to follow this  
ConFusioned

Brother can you spare a dime.... I mean spare tire?

I've carried and used "sticky rope" with the boat trailers for years. Worked well on tread punctures, but useless on sidewall cuts or failures. Wouldn't have helped on the sidewall cut from road hazard on recent trip with the FFH. Had to replace the tire, and that took a tow to the nearest dealer (35 miles away). I wish there was an option for run flat tires like BMW's offerings.

There is.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+LS-2+RunOnFlat

I carry the tire plugs myself, since the F350 I had, did not have a spare tire on it, and have used it a couple times. Since it was a dually, getting any of those rear tires off was a mighty huge PITA, so would just jack it up, and rotate the tire until I found the hole and plug it. I haven't needed to have the tire professionally repaired since I used to repair them myself in the 90's, and if done right with good plug material and rubber cement for the lube, they last the life of the tire. The plugs I use are the kind that cant be cut with the steel cords in the tire, in fact they are so tough you can't cut them easily with the sharpest of knives.