Sign in to follow this  
Earthdog

Brand new owner of a Ruby Red Energi Titanium

Very nice! Wishing I could swing one, but guess will have to stick with what can be afforded! :)

Just got my new Energi Titanium Ruby Red. drove 60 miles home and got a whooping 78mpg. I think I am going to love this car!!! Just wanted to say Hello!

I thought about getting one and would have if there was a place to charge at the office (I asked about this 2 years ago, crickets)... since my commute is 60 miles I figured it would not be worth it, but 78 MPG on the 'out' trip would be pretty darn good with starting with a full charge. I wonder what MPG one would get on the 'back' trip when the HVB had not been connected to the charger.

Plan your trip so that you can utilize the EV mode where most appropriate, such as city traffic. Don't waste it on the highway or above 45 MPH.

It is also geared different from the non NRG as it can reach 82 or so on EV alone. That reduces the MPG too. 43 is probably going to be a more realistic number in this car too once the pack is low.

For your cost savings comparison, going from a gas guzzler to a highly fuel efficient vehicle, the savings are extraordinary, but if you go from a car that gets OK gas mileage, say 28-30 MPG, the savings dont add up as well. Considering that when I first went green I was driving a Crown Vic that got 20 MPG and an F350 that got 14 MPG, then suddenly went to 53 MPG, the savings alone covered the car payment and insurance. When you look at it in that sense, works out great, but if I were to go for it now, it would not be cost effective to go from 38 MPG that my current 2010 gets to the Energi. So it is all relevant. You know what you spend now in gas, and even if you only get 38 MPG in the new one, you already know the savings will be huge. The higher that number goes the savings are even better.

You will love that car when you get it!

The above would imply that the extra cost for the Energi can't be paid back in a 6 year time frame unless the Federal rebate applies to the Energi and also that it is at least equal to $3K.

You noted you have a 72 mile commute. Since I have a 60 mile commute my thinking was that if I had recharge capability on each end that I would have gone for the Energi. I met with the COO of my company almost 2 years ago and said hey how about putting one in, but no dice. So do you have a way to recharge on each end of the trip?