malibu3105

Custom Order - Titanium or SE

When you have a car with the Sony system, the SE sounds muddy. It just sux that you cant get the Sony unless you get the Ti. The better sound system would make the not so great $@$#$ in mine bother me much less. If it were the HyTI, I probably would not care as much about the mileage as it would be the perfect car to me.

Other than the drive train, the Ti's are identical, unlike the SE. The SE Hybrid you can get more options in it than the gas SE. So if you can look at a Ti that has the options you want, check it out, if you like it all, go for it!

My dealer has told me (no personal experience yet :() that the sound cancellation is much better in the Ti because of the 12 speaker system. They designed it that way. I like the dune leather as well, but ordered the Ti for a lot of reasons: button start, sound system, the leather is an upgrade from the SE, all of the options I wanted in the SE basically were already in the Ti.

I have been around cars for many decades. The more expensive models almost always give you more features, even ones that aren't listed or talked about. Sound deadening, undercoating, better equipment, etc. I don't know if that is true with the Fusion, but historically it has been with all manufacturers ....

JMHO

I do know that my 2010 has sound deadening in it. Not sure if it was added on after it was delivered, since the car was ordered with cloth but had Nav, and aftermarket seat heaters were installed, so may have been added then. I had after market leather installed, but the person who installed the seat heaters broke the plastic covers on the outside of the seat bottom, so I have to get new ones.

Here's something to consider, you can always swap out the seat leather to a different color aftermarket on the higher end cars, but it is much much more difficult to change out the stereo to a higher end one on the lower end models. I priced it out and to get something comparable to the Sony, just in speakers and amps alone, would run about $1000. Top it off with the speakers being exposed, and not fully concealed like the Ti ones are, and you would be better off getting the HyTi.

Aftermarket remote starts dont tie in as well with the new cars as the factory ordered ones do. It's nice having the keyfob have the remote start on it too. The F150 I had came with remote start, where the trunk button is on my 2010 key, is the remote start button, tap twice and the truck started, tap again to extend it 15 minutes, once more to shut it down.

lights flash on the vehicle, so you have to watch it to know.

I tend to like the hot seats, relaxes my back! Heck there are times in the summer I turn the seat heaters on!