Sign in to follow this  
GrayGhost

Newbie from VA

Welcome, neighbor (kinda... Amherst County is quite a ways from Stafford County).

Here is a another newbie from VA! Thinking about getting this car soon... time to replace my old 2003 VW Jetta! Any advice about decent and honest dealers around the area to start looking?

That depends on where you are and how far you are willing to go. I am in Stafford County which is halfway between Richmond and DC, personally don't have a problem taking a quick road trip to save a few hundred bucks or to find just the car I want.

Yesterday I went to the dealer in Leesburg. The salesman was kind of pushy and trying to convince me to get the Energi instead because they didn't have any Hybrids.

He was also saying that ordering one with the options that I want would take like a year. I didn't believe that. Later I talked to the manager and he said it would be about 3-4 months.

Funny you mention that, as Fynack is a user on here that bought a new FFH and was unhappy with the MPG as he had a short commute and with cold temps that makes for bad MPG (he pops back in every now and then to remind us that Ford does indeed suck and how happy he is now with his Lexus, happy trails Fynack)... so if you do have a short commute then the Energi would be the better move, provided you are in the mood to shell out an additional $10k or whatever.

But I saw your email and replied, maybe there is a suitable VIN on the way into the area that will be up your alley, let's find out!

Funny you mention that, as Fynack is a user on here that bought a new FFH and was unhappy with the MPG as he had a short commute and with cold temps that makes for bad MPG (he pops back in every now and then to remind us that Ford does indeed suck and how happy he is now with his Lexus, happy trails Fynack)... so if you do have a short commute then the Energi would be the better move, provided you are in the mood to shell out an additional $10k or whatever.

But I saw your email and replied, maybe there is a suitable VIN on the way into the area that will be up your alley, let's find out!

Oh NO :baby: