Sign in to follow this  
ConFusioned

Is there an ETA in sight for the 2013 Fusions? Starting to get second thoughts.

Depending on what options you ordered, there are few choices out there that can compare. Sure you can hop in a TCH right now and get a great deal, if you want a plain jane vanilla ride. The closest one I found in a Hybrid is the Avalon, but its $8K more. Non Hybrid is the Mazda 6 but its smaller inside, and noisy as hell when first started. I walked away the moment the car was started, sounded like a can full of marbles being shaken by an angry gorilla.

My feelings are that if you waited longer than 10 weeks then Ford should reward your loyalty with an additional $1000 rebate on top of the $500 rebate if the $500 rebate is still available when the 2013 Fusions comes out. Don't get me wrong, I want the car I ordered but Ford is making it difficult to remain loyal.

Mine was almost 12 weeks, was well worth the wait... yes it sucked playing the waiting game, but my dealer told me when I placed the order that any timeframe was an estimate, and this was retail order #5 for me over many years and the delivery timeframe has always varied. When I ordered my 2010 FFH in May 2009 it was only 5½ weeks from the day I walked in to place the order to the day it rolled off the truck in VA, so whereas I got lucky on the last order with everything falling into place, not so with this one and it took almost 12 weeks - but again was well worth it.

Jeff_h thanks for your message. I guess I needed reassurance even if its not by Ford. Maybe I'll give them another week?

Back in 1993 I ordered a GM car (so it's not only Ford), it was 15 weeks for that one IIRC... so patience is a virtue, and tough to come by when you see others getting theirs more quickly, that's understandable.

Did you order the SE or Titanium Hybrid?

Well that's a good point, I was assuming an SE Hybrid order since they have been in production for months -- if it's a Titaniun Hybrid, we have a few on here that ordered in late October when the production start was an 'estimate' and that sure is what it turned out to be, didn't it???

I ordered a 2013 Fusion SE Hybrid in Dec 2012 and they told me 6 to 8 weeks and I prefer to have it before they start advertising the 2014 Ford Fusion SE Hybrids.

Butttt on the other hand, I prefer they fix their problems now instead of delivering problems which they would have to recall.

What is your VIN? Did the dealer provide that to you? If not, have you asked for it?

Maybe I shouldn't have ordered the 2013 Fusion Hybrid with the optional Delorean Flux Capacitor engine package which requires 1.21 gigawatts of electrical power to operate, ewqual to 1,210,000,000 watts which is approximately the output of a single pressurized water reactor at a nuclear power plant. It equates to around 1.6 million (continuous) horsepower, but is only discharged for a moment according to Wikipedia.

That could be the reason for my delay?

it's possible... mine was in 'unscheduled-material hold' for that for over a month, but they finally got some in stock and things are great - I can even do time travel in mine.

Mine did time travel, backwards. Its currently stuck there too! :)

acdii: Mine did time travel, backwards. Its currently stuck there too! :)

How long have you been waiting?

Its in reference to it getting lower gas mileage than my 2010 does. so, waiting since November 2012.