Sign in to follow this  
okaydave

best wax

Zaino isnt a wax, its a sealer polish.

Once you have a few coats on the car, you can wax over it with something like Colonite(sp?)

I can go into great detail, but in short, Zaino is some damned fine stuff and well worth the money.

So what Zaino product would you suggest when one first gets their car? The Z-CS Clear Seal?

I know the dealer offers some sort of sealant, NRG or something like that, I forget. I'm assuming this Zaino would be comparable and far less than having the dealer do it. no?

If you want you can get the complete starter kit for about $85. You would likely pay much more than this for a one time application at the dealer. These are the same products I have, and have had them since 2000, that's 13 years from the same bottles, and I have done at least a dozen cars.

On a brand new car, just a quick clay bar with Dawn in a spray bottle to degrease the paint and remove rail dust. Then 2 coats of Z2. Thats it, you dont need to touch the car again for at least a year. Just normal washes. You can do as many coats as you like to enhance the depth, but usually 2 is all you really need. A quick wipe down every so often with the spray detailer keeps it smooth and bugs wipe right off.

There is also the AIO which is a combination of Z2+Z5+ZFX in one bottle, but I dont know what its shelf life is. Its the quick detailer and would probably be your best deal.

Like I said, if you really want to you can apply a coat of wax on top of this, just remember that if you want to reapply the Z, you have to dewax the finish first, or you will lock in the swirls from the wax. You may not see them before hand, but after a while, you will if you Z over Wax.

Wax breaks down from sunlight and rain, but the Z doesn't, it does degrade over time from washing, but a quick wipe down with a clay bar and another coat and you are good for another year. I had Z'd my F150 in April, and when I traded it in day after Thanksgiving, it was still slick and shiny. I only applied the two coats in one day using Z2 and the ZFX.

Here is a pic of my 2010 after 2 coats of Zaino.

26402_101407049901438_2202019_n.jpg

I miss that car, but not not filling the tank.