Fynack

Are you happy with your MPG poll

Are you happy with your MPG poll  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your MPG?

Lol yeah my father in laws 5.0L truck goes the same distance on a tank that my 13 FFH does, but it uses 36 gallons to do it versus my 12 gallons.

Thankfully its only an 18 gallon tank or else OUCH! :)

It is odd though that the higher speeds kill the MPG in these new cars greater than what the old cars do. I dont know if its because of the miles on it or what, but on the interstate between 65 and 70 I can see low 40's in my 2010, I have to be really screwing around to only get 32 MPG in it. Even on very cold days, unless I take a short trip, I dont see 32, maybe 34, but I expect to see that on a cold day.

Personally I think Ford made a mistake putting the smaller engine in the new Fusion when the 2.5 they have been using does so well at highway speeds. I think they rely too much on the technology and less on the Human factor. Sure the technology works, if you use it exactly as designed, but Humans dont work that way, very few of us actually drive the car as designed. I believe that right there is the reason for the vast differences in numbers, you really didnt see that in the older cars.