Sign in to follow this  
Fynack

Ford MPG Fraud - Dont Let Ford Get Away With It

Dont expect any help from Ford. Been that route and was basically told to shut up and go away. They really dont care if you know how to achieve good MPG in any other car, not even when its another one of the same model as long as they can get it within certain specs in their test drive, and they test drive it in such a manner that it can get in that range, which only a psychotic Prius driver would do. To date I have driven 2 Prius, 2 Camry Hybrids, 2 Cmax, 1 2010 Fusion hybrid and 2 2013 Hybrids, and out of all of them, only one did I have a problem getting decent MPG out of. All the Toyotas I met or exceeded the EPA ratings in, only the 2013 models have I not been able to do that. Only the one I have do I have problems even trying to hit 40 in it.

FWIW though, even though it does not get anywhere near what I expected to get out if it, it is still better than an EB based model would get, and the car is exceptional in what it does and handles. My only real bitch is with Ford.

I know where he is coming from, I felt the same way, still do, but $5000 does buy a lot of gas, tints, floor mats, spoiler, FLAMES, etc. :) There really is no other car out there for this price with these options, that can get 35 MPG let alone in the 40's. I can get an Avalon with most of that the Fusion has, but at $10K more, not really worth the extra 5 MPG.

Just going to relax, enjoy the car, fill it up more often than my other one(ZING Had to have at least ONE here :) ) and hope that Ford wasnt blowing more smoke up my ass saying that they are investigating this and may have a fix soon.

Same here, but the going rate on my F150 was too good to pass up. If I waited a year, I would have been upside down on it, as it was I still had a few grand in equity in it.

Is it about time for them to pull the plugs again?

about 1220 or so miles to go for the next 4500 miles. there is 7800 on it now.

Marketing! Pure and simple. They figure if x number of owners actually do get this kind of mileage, then no problem, and depend on the disclaimer YMMV for all the rest. Ford is going to hide behind the Your mileage may vary rule on this.

Toyota on the other hand builds their cars for real world driving and tests them that way too, so when you get one you are more than likely going to get very close to or exceed the EPA in them. Just for knowledge I started a thread on the prius forum on the Prius V and wanted to see what owners are actually getting and just about all of them are hitting or going past EPA in them. Since Ford is targeting the Prius V with the Cmax, the fact that the V is getting and beyond its numbers and the Cmax is far below it, most buyers who are looking at EPA will tend to go to Toyota. Only buyers who would rather have the power, handling and options will go to Ford. One thing for sure, Toyota buyers will never switch to Cmax with the poor record they are getting.

Well from what other dealers are telling me, the resale on these is not very good, so far the highest bid on mine was 27500 on trade for used. Looks like in order for me to get the least amount of loss is to wait for the HyTi I ordered to come in. When it does, I can find out one way or another if the build date has anything to do with it, or if it was just me(I doubt it, doing OK with my other FFH). When I road tested a later built one it appeared to do much better, but it was a short trip too.