acdii

2013 Fusion Hybrid poor Fuel Economy issue

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words they say, unless it goes against what Ford believes is true. I am checking with the local Toyota dealer on a Camry XLE Hybrid and going to give it a road test. If I get anywhere near their EPA ratings, and the price is right, done deal. Will also check with Mazda, and let the better car win, cause it wont be a Ford.

Even if they offered to meet my current payment on an EB Ti with the same options I will pass, from what I see of the MPG on those, really not worth it at all.

The Service manager said, just be patient, when the summer blend fuel comes around and the temps warm, you will see higher MPG. Um, I doubt it will change much, Florida ring a bell? At least the 2010 has been good, and continues to be good, and it it weren't for the smaller back seat, I would consider a 2012 provided I can find one with the Nav.

Acdii , it may be time to lawyer up

http://www.mpgfraud.com/

Ive already been contacted and will most likely pursue a case. This is ridiculous that 39-40 is considered acceptable on a 47mpg rated car but to also do it in a obviously deceiving manner is just wrong. These are the same lawyers that filed the suit in Cali and there is no fees if they dont win, otherwise they get 30%. Also most likely itll turn in to a class action in your state. Even if I lose the case I dont lose a dime but it sends a message to Ford to live up to the hype.

I wrote them a note, we shall see.

I would believe the service manager if it weren't for the CEL and fouled plugs. Good luck acdii.

Wickstrom Ford in Barrington is EV certified. You can take it there if you want. However, I can tell you from experience that they will road test the car per Ford's standards and will get the expected results. I have found that the longer the trip, the more fuel efficient the car gets. It takes that long to reach a sustained engine temp. If I drive for 2 hours, it gets better MPG than if I drive 1 hour.

If you notice a pattern here, those living in the south, where its warmer are having no issues with miles, but most of us up north are getting crud for miles, hybridbear and one other here are the only ones getting expected MPG.

So what the hell are we doing wrong if the cars are OK?

I asked, but their $40,000 laptop has no way of checking it. Thats what I was wondering too.

Hit or miss it seems. I unfortunately got a miss.

I already miss the car though and waiting 6-8 weeks will be torture. I just hope they find a buyer quickly so I dont see the car when I drive by 3 days a week. It will also help if they sell it quickly then I can save up money for floor mats and tints, along with tires for our other car.

The upside is that it WONT be a hybrid, one of them is really all I can handle now, and it will be nice to be able to giddy up once in a while like I did with the Flex. We will just keep driving the 2010 and enjoying it, been a very good car so far, and will most likely continue to be so for years to come. Figured out why the USB stopped working in it too. Got it working again, and happy that I didnt have to take it in for that.

46* yesterday, 13* today, man this weather is strange. Good news though, got 39 MPG in my 2010. :D, that old bugger is just SO easy to get good MPG in.

Would be interesting to find out. What are the odds of getting 4 bad plugs in one engine out of the hundreds of thousands made? At least this is what they are trying to tell me.

Not hard at all, two bolts to pull up the top cover off the engine, two for the air snorkel, and hose clamp on the intake and you can get the cover up high enough to pull a COP off and remove a plug.